Thursday, September 15, 2016

LUW 2016 Fall Conference


It's just over a week away and I'm getting so stoked for this year's League of Utah Writers Fall Conference. I've been involved in the planning and construction of this year's event and promises to be the most ambitious event the League of Utah Writers has ever put on.

It's a two day event, Friday and Saturday, September 23-24th at the Provo Marriott. Here's the link: LUW Fall 2016

Beyond being behind the curtain, I'll be taking pitches for Omnium Gatherum -  looking for the next new cool dark fiction masterpiece. I'll be teaching several classes and sitting in some awesome panels. Here's my schedule.

Friday September 23, 2016

11:00 a.m. –12:00 noon 
Pitches
NEBO room

2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Panel: Panel: How to Scare Your Audience (Horror)
BIRCH ROOM

5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Presentation: Layering: Writing That Does More - Me & Callie Stoker
AMPHITHEATER



Saturday, September 24, 2016

9:00 a.m. –10:00 a.m.
Presentation: A Glimpse of Horror
AMPHITHEATER

11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Pitches
OLYMPUS ROOM

1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Panel: Books You Should Have Read
BIRCH ROOM

3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Presentation: Mystery Theory
AMPHITHEATER

5:30 p.m. – 6: 30 p.m.
Panel: LUW Progress and Visions - Getting the Most from your Membership 
AMPHITHEATER

6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Panel: The Do's and Don'ts of Presenting Yourself as an Author 
CEDAR ROOM


Wow, I didn't know how much I had to do until I just put it up, just now. I'll be a busy boy. And this doesn't even include bar-con.

Come join me and the cream of Utah's writing community.





No comments:

Post a Comment