Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Another Great Night

Today at the Blog Mansion I’m celebrating.

Last year the League of Utah Writers Conference changed my life. There’s no other way to describe it. They honored my beloved ELEANOR with a Gold Quill for Best YA Novel int he State and named me a Writer of the Year. I gave the keynote address and got a standing ovation. I was humbled and excited. The whole thing was like a dream.

This year’s League Conference was also a fantastic event. I got to teach three classes, panel twice and hang with all my friends from all over the state. I sold out of books and once again I was honored with awards.

My unpublished short story LAST SUMMER received an honorable mention in genre fiction short story category - something I didn’t expect but better than that, this year, my novel THE BRAND DEMAND received a Silver Quill in the Best Novel category. I was again surprised, humbled and excited.

It was a great night and I’m still stoked about the whole thing.


an award winning mystery 
about blackmail, politics and personal meaning. 
Available now.




No comments:

Post a Comment