Wednesday, November 29, 2017

My Fifteenth Novel - CORONAM 2

I’m not going to win Nanowrimo this year officially, but I did anyway. With the push of the magical November event, I completed my fifteen novel.

Here it is:  CORONAM 2: OF CIVILIZED, SAVED, AND SAVAGES.


This is the middle book of a trilogy I’m working on. My Dune, my Game of Thrones. Full of moving parts and science fiction. It’s thematic and historical and by far most the complicated and challenging thing I’ve ever worked on.

Book one took half a year months, a record at the time. This one took fourteen months—far and away the longest any book has ever taken me to write a first draft. A lot happened in that year, distractions a plenty, but I didn’t give up and this month, here it is.

My next step is to edit it. Then let it sit. Send it to a reader maybe. Write something else. Edit again and then write the third one.

I don’t know where it will land, but I’m confident it will find a home with a forward looking epic-loving, literary science fiction press that my agent is at this moment looking for.

In the meantime. It’s done and I'm relieved. Plus It’s good so I'm thrilled.




No comments:

Post a Comment